Is your friend …
• Unemployed and searching for a job?
• Wanting to find the right someone but hasn’t?
• Trying to get pregnant and having a hard time with it?
• Waiting to hear back from that dream grad school program?
When the thing they have desperately been waiting for happens, they will tell you. Peppering them with questions and/or unsolicited advice on how they can better achieve this life goal is probably not what they’re looking for.
Instead, it’s just depressing to have to vocalize, again and again, that no, the thing they want has not yet happened, and then have to sit patiently while the other person tells them to keep their chin up, or that the right one is coming, or whatever.
It’s great to ask, more generally, how everything is with them. If they want to cry on your shoulder or share great news, they will.
HAPPY NATIONAL PODCASTING DAY!
Unlike Valentine’s Day, this is most certainly not a holiday concocted for strictly commercial purposes. No way. To celebrate, catch up on the First Draft Podcast archives! Intimate, in-depth conversations with some of the coolest voices in Young Adult and Middle Grade lit right now.
- Sumayyah Daud, cyberpunk YA debut BEGIN AGAIN
- Robin Talley, historical YA debut LIES WE TELL OURSELVES
- Caroline Tung Richmond, alternative history THE ONLY THING TO FEAR
- Lindsay Smith, supernatural spy thrillers SEKRET and SKANDAL
- Cristin Terrill, time-travel thriller ALL OUR YESTERDAYS
- Ellen Oh, Korean fantasy the PROPHECY series and founder of #WeNeedDiverseBooks
- Claire Legrand, MG spookies THE CAVENDISH HOME FOR BOYS AND GIRLS and THE YEAR OF SHADOWS, and YA Nutcracker retelling WINTERSPELL
- Kara Taylor (Thomas), murder-mystery series PREP SCHOOL CONFIDENTIAL
- Michelle Schusterman, MG contemp series I HEART BAND, forthcoming MGs THE KAT SINCLAIR FILES and MAUDEVILLE
- Heidi Schulz, MG debut HOOK’S REVENGE and its forthcoming sequel, HOOK’S REVENGE: THE PIRATE CODE
- Gretchen McNeil, YA mystery/horror/suspense novels GET EVEN and its forthcoming sequel GET DIRTY, TEN, POSSESS, and 3:59
- Rachel Fershleiser, Tumblr’s supreme book czar, co-author of SIX WORD MEMOIRS
- Meagan Spooner, sci-fi thriller LARK ASCENDING of the SKYLARK series and co-author of THESE BROKEN STARS and the STARBOUND trilogy
Click here to learn more about the personal journey behind the project. I love podcasts - like, maybe too much - and contributing an audio project of my own has been incredible. I hope you enjoy!
I think we’ve officially reached that annoying time in the year where it’s sweater weather in the morning, but by midday, if you wear a sweater, you die from heatstroke.
every year i wait for this post. it always comes right on time
And then it’s jacket weather at night.
Hello everyone. These are pictures of a girl from my school named Cara Golias. She recently went missing on Sunday of September 28th and we all are very worried about where she might be. She lives in the northern Virginia area near Washington, D.C. in a county named Fairfax. So if you are from that area please take a moment to read this. She is 16 years old, has hazel eyes, brown hair, and is about 115 pounds. Please share this so we can help her achieve a swift and safe return. Even if you aren’t from this area, sharing this may help notify someone who does, everything counts.
Please read and reblog this so my friend can come home.
Accent theme by Handsome Code